Monday 21 December 2015

INTERVIEW-10

SECURE METER

Name

Shambhavi Mulgaonkar

Branch

Electrical

College

Sardar Patel College of Engineering

Company

Secure Meters

Month and year of interview

10/13/2015

Hardness Level of Interview

6

Company profile

The company is a pioneer for meters and metering solutions in India. It helps monitor and report consumption so that we can use energy more efficiently and responsibly. It is a core job (Marketing profile).
Secure Meters has won the European Smart Metering and Smart grid award for data management and solutions for the year 2015. Corporate responsibilities are done through foundations like 'Dharohar' and 'Khoj'. Its head office is in Udaipur. But it has branches in Mumbai, Gurgaon as well as abroad.

Group Discussion Topic

Group Discussion was completely different. We were given small topics on which we had to answer in one or five lines, concisely and precisely. This was to test how quick and smart we are. 
Then we were given various topics to discuss like- 'Is Mumbai safe for women to travel at night?', 
'Should freshers opt for a job or higher studies?', and so on. All the questions and topics were HR questions in disguise. 
  The sooner you understood that, the better you could formulate your answers.

Technical Round

One technical round was face-to-face. 
Questions regarding:
  1. Basic vector analysis, 
  2. Three phase power and measurement, 
  3. Vector diagrams, 
  4. Harmonics, 
  5. Single line diagram, 
  6. Basic machines, 
  7. Power electronics questions 
  8. and random questions like what circuit is used for a fan regulator, etc were asked. 


In the video interview (via Skype) ,
I was asked working of Induction motor, and in depth questions related to my BE project. I was also asked general questions regarding upcoming trends in smart grid and power sector.

HR round

HR round was basically were I live, my family background and my interests. 
Further they asked me if I was open to travel since the job offered was sales and marketing. They also asked how I will talk to new people, will I be interested in laying a foundation for their social causes here in Mumbai. They also showed me my technical and general aptitude answer sheets and asked me why I had answered certain questions in a certain manner, etc. They asked me if i was interested in further education, whether i would continue with Secure Meters for a good period of time and also in depth about my hobbies and my thought over various social causes to a great extent. We were also asked to write a feedback for the entire process they had held over a period of two days. 
Later, after I was selected, they informed me that i would be given a knowledge up-gradation schedule and training for two months in Udaipur.

Any advice

Be extremely honest and down to earth. Try to gauge the reason and logic behind every question and never contradict yourself. Be clear in what you know and what you don't and be upfront about. Since it was a marketing position for a core company, you need to have both technical and soft skills. Don't brag. These were very honest people and they expect the same from you. 
Be ready to travel or relocate, such opportunities are hard to find with a rigid set of mind. Try to show them that you can be an asset and bring something new to the table. Confidence is everything! All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment